Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My laptop is having to go into HP for repair. Have email from them with details and one of the instructions says to ensure no passwords are needed.

I have removed need for pin/password when you boot up but cannot work out how to get it so you don't need password if lock screen comes on. Is there a way???? :QuestionMark:

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello @smc381 

You simply need to ensure the password is gone - left alone blank

1. Click on Start button, search for and then open the Control Panel in Large icons view. Click on User Accounts.

user-accounts

2. Under the “Make changes to your user account” section, click Manage another account.

manage-another-account

3. You’ll see all the accounts on your computer. Click the account you’d like to remove the password for.

choose-user-you-want-change

4. Click the “Change the password” link.

change-the-password

5. Enter your original password and leave the new password boxes blank, click on Change password button. It will remove your administrator password immediately. Blank password fields mean NO password.

remove-local-password

Let me know how it goes

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
HP Recommended

@smc381,

Thank you for posting your query on HP Community,

As you have mentioned in your post that you're about to send the unit in for repair, please remember to backup all your important data and once done, you can go ahead and format the hard drive.

Next thing, regarding the password. I would recommend you go through the steps suggested in this support document for - HP PCs - Managing User Accounts and Logins (Windows 10)

Please check for the steps under - Removing a password from a local account & Disabling the password requirement

Let me know how it goes for further assistance!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.