Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
DV6-1330SA
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi. I'm trying to find out whether there are any Windows 7 (64-bit)  drivers available for download from hp.com for an HP DV6-1330SA serial number [Personal Information Removed]. I've put the serial number into the "Identify your laptop" page on hp's website, but then I just get a spinner with the words "HP is compiling your results. This could take up to 3 minutes" that continues forever. Does this happen because the laptop is  approximately 10 years old now? Thank you for any help that anyone can offer.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

HP retires support for all PC's that are 10 or more years old.

That is why the support page isn't working.

Fortunately, this reputable 3rd party driver site has the drivers you need for your notebook.

I use this site all the time.

https://www.helpjet.net/files-HP-Pavilion-dv6t-1300.html

If you don't trust their drivers, drop the last two numbers from the file number they list, and get them from the HP FTP site.

Most of the drivers still exist on the HP site, but unfortunately they have been disassociated from the support pages on retired PC's.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

HP retires support for all PC's that are 10 or more years old.

That is why the support page isn't working.

Fortunately, this reputable 3rd party driver site has the drivers you need for your notebook.

I use this site all the time.

https://www.helpjet.net/files-HP-Pavilion-dv6t-1300.html

If you don't trust their drivers, drop the last two numbers from the file number they list, and get them from the HP FTP site.

Most of the drivers still exist on the HP site, but unfortunately they have been disassociated from the support pages on retired PC's.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/

HP Recommended

Paul, that it absolutely brilliant - thank you so much. For some time I've had the idea that the sp<refNum>.exe files were normally still available for download from HP, but that the "index pages" (that linked to them) were removed, and now you have just confirmed what I thought (*and* shown me how I can still find those downloads). Thank you again. With best wishes.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.