Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 15 db1023nq
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hii! So I would like to know some more info about my motherboard please? My motherboard is HP 85EA and i would like to know how much ram it can handle and the frequency (mhz) i tried many different programs and all of them give me different results and make me confused,it dosent say anything about it in the manual,little help please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

The AMD Ryzen™ 3 3200U processor your notebook has cannot run the memory any faster than 2400 MHz.

HP may have installed DDR4-2666 MHz memory, but it will only run at 2400 MHz.

Below is the link to the service manual for your notebook.  The memory upgrade info can be found in chapter 1.

Maintenance and Service Guide HP 15 Laptop PC

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi:

The AMD Ryzen™ 3 3200U processor your notebook has cannot run the memory any faster than 2400 MHz.

HP may have installed DDR4-2666 MHz memory, but it will only run at 2400 MHz.

Below is the link to the service manual for your notebook.  The memory upgrade info can be found in chapter 1.

Maintenance and Service Guide HP 15 Laptop PC

HP Recommended

Hello
sorry  @LucasTheGAMER  some answers were already given some time ago!
If it is not enough to ask the same question again, you will generally be answered the same thing.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/RAM-Questions/m-p/7989695

@Huffer 

Pages 38-44 of the Manual here:

Manual 

shows "how to". Memory is DDR4-2666 SO-DIMM but runs at 2400 speed due to hardware limits. You can't improve performance with gaming or performance memory. The motherboard will apply the same timings as the original stock memory so best case you spend more than you need to and worst case the system will not POST. Get standard OEM (such as Samsung Hynix Crucial) DDR4-2666 SO-DIMM; a pair of 8 gb modules to have 16. It would run 32 if you wish to do that, even though officially it says 16 is the max. 

Post back with any more questions and please accept as solution if this is the info you needed. 

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Upgrade-question/m-p/7608601

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

So i read the manual so as i can see it says that it supports 16 gb of ram which im happy about it!,thanks for your help!

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.