Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 15s-eq2006sl
Microsoft Windows 11

Hello I'd like to update the BIOS of my new HP laptop, the model is: 15s-eq2006sl (its specs).

When I try to search its drivers, using the product number (495R2EA), the HP site gives me another page about another PC model, it is " PC 15-e2000 (2J4W0AV)".
The models are similar, can I update the BIOS wihtout problems?

I can see that there are sone updates, they are about models with Intel CPU with and models with AMD CPU.
My own PC (15s-eq2006sl) got the AMD Ryzen 5700U, can I install the latest update wihtout problem?
If I'm not wrong, the leatest BIOS version for the AMD model is F.17 Rev.A (31/oct/2021).

Thanks for ur help ❤️

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello
I will check, it happens often with new models, it is not for lack of repeating, I still do not understand why it has changed, like this ..
unless you have a good, very good reason to update the bios, sometimes it is better to avoid ..
This can go very badly, and make the computer unusable.

[edit]

product page, with your product number 495R2EA

HP Laptop 15s-eq2006sl 

AMD Ryzen™ 7 5700U

It is therefore from the series

laptop-pc-15-e2000 

you find it here

so yes this must be the correct one, check your bios version
But like I said, it's still not without risk

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello
I will check, it happens often with new models, it is not for lack of repeating, I still do not understand why it has changed, like this ..
unless you have a good, very good reason to update the bios, sometimes it is better to avoid ..
This can go very badly, and make the computer unusable.

[edit]

product page, with your product number 495R2EA

HP Laptop 15s-eq2006sl 

AMD Ryzen™ 7 5700U

It is therefore from the series

laptop-pc-15-e2000 

you find it here

so yes this must be the correct one, check your bios version
But like I said, it's still not without risk

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Well... Actually I saw that every single variant of the model 15-e2000 send me there. It also happen also if I try to serch driver for eq2006nl.

HP Recommended

I answered you, this seems illogical, but it remains normal

You can also check with hp support assistant, normally this is still more " focused ", though!

HP Support Assistant | HP® Official Site

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

Thx for your reply, I read it too late... I sent the answer too early lol

Another quick question, I'd like to upgrade the RAM memory form 8GB to 16GB, can I do it? If yes, its max memory is 16GB or 32GB?

HP Recommended

I would answer with pleasure, if possible
but it would be preferable to close this subject by validating the solution, and to create a new discussion, so that we do not mix everything up.
Normally at least 16 gb should be ok, I will have to find the manual which corresponds if there is

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.