Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Spectre X360 13-AE013DX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have reinstalled Windows 10 64-bit Home to the latest 20H2 version. I have also updated to the latest F.34 BIOS. I have updated, using Windows Update and HP Support Assistant, version 8.8.34.31.

Device Manager shows a device under Other Devices called Detection Verification that does not have a driver, and I have not been able to find a driver. Where can I find a driver?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

I get some confusing results. I tried the installation of the Realtek audio driver at your first link. It first uninstalled the present driver, and the new driver was not installed after boot up. I reinstalled it from the Device Manager. The icon for the Device Verification driver in Device Manager did not change. Then I tried the file in your last link. Now the icon in Device Manager for the Detection Verification driver is different, with a question mark. Windows cannot find any driver. I hope this error does not matter. My results seem to be similar to the post by Gerfruc1974.

HP Recommended

Maybe the new situation with the icon with a question mark is not really an error. Anyway, it is not being flagged as missing a driver. So hopefully things are OK.

HP Recommended

I don't even know what that device does, and if the sound is working, I wouldn't be too concerned.

As a last resort, the only other thing you can do would be to use the HP cloud recovery tool to create a bootable USB recovery drive that will reinstall W10, the drivers and the software that originally came with your notebook.

Here is an info link for how to use that utility.

HP Consumer PCs - Using the HP Cloud Recovery Tool (Windows 10, 7) | HP® Customer Support

Then you can click on the blue Update Now button at the link below to upgrade to version 20H2.

Download Windows 10 (microsoft.com)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.