Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
13-aw0054na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi All,

I've been experiencing some overheating problems on my spectre x360 13 4k late 2019 (temps frequently hitting 100C without doing any particularly heavy loads) and i'm not sure if the CPU Overclock is too aggressive or what... in trying to troubleshoot i've come to realise that the HP Command Center is missing from my laptop following a reinstall some time ago troubleshooting another issue I was having, and that perhaps this is a cause for my high temp issues i've been seeing.

In short - i've downloaded the installer listed under the hp support for my laptop model and installing the SDK Packages listed under my model (tried both 1.0.0.4 Rev.B and 1.0.1.0 Rev.A) doesn't appear to do anything (installer opens but nothing installed once the installer closes). I have also looked in the Microsoft Store as other posts have instructed people to do, but HP Command Center is not listed in the App store.

Anyone can advise on how I can install this software?

As a general note I would say whilst the laptop clocking up to 3.9Ghz is nice... i'm not sure it's worth it for 100C temps - this seems a little excessive, if not command center is there something else I should be looking into with respect to this?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Short follow up - I have managed to download the command center via a google link into the microsoft store; it seems HP Command Center is not present in my Windows Store for some reason, but it was possible to install via link.

With regard to temps, 'comfort' addresses the temp issues but now youtube playback is not even possible due to the throttled CPU - really weird balance of temp and cpu optimisation for this 4k model laptop, 100C sustained when watching youtube at the intended resolution of the laptop does not seem healthy...

I've seen undervolting recommended on other temp related issues, does anyone have experience with the 4k version of the spectre 360 and does it hurt video playback at 4k at all? Having a 4k resolution on a laptop that cannot push the framerate of youtube without degrading temps of the cpu seems like an oversell

HP Recommended

@Assailant,

I reviewed your post and I understand that the computer is overheating.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I recommend you update the BIOS and the graphics driver from the below link and check if it helps.

BIOS: https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp101501-102000/sp101894.exe

Graphics: https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp102001-102500/sp102204.exe

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Fossette,

Bios is updated to latest available on HP website, and graphics updated to latest available on intel driver & support assistant tool (26.20.100.7810 - later version than available on HP website).

I actually did some investigating in the task manager and identified "HP Analytics service" as the culprit - i'm not sure what this software is for (maybe you can explain?), but it was marked as 'Very High' in the power usuage trend in Task Manager and with all software closed in idle on my laptop it was still pushing 95C+ even when using the laptop in 1080p mode without HDR.

Following disabling this service, idle temps sit in the 50-60C range in 4K with HDR enabled which is a lot more appropriate. It can still push 100C when power boosting prior to the fan cutting in but as long as it doesn't constantly sit at 90C+ temps that's more acceptable.

So yeah - any idea what HP Analytics service is and why it's causing such a degradation in laptop performance? Have kept disabled for now

HP Recommended

@Assailant,

Thank you for the update.

I recommend you contact support to further diagnose the issue.

Here is how you can get in touch with support.

1)Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.