Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Dragonfly G3
Microsoft Windows 11

As a long time HP Spectre and Dragonfly series user (7 laptops so far), I'm literally shocked that my newest Dragonfly G3 doesn't have a right CTRL at all (its a fingerprint reader, something I dont use) !

How exactly I'm a supposed to do multiple selections, select all, and many other combinations since I'm a left handed!? Not to mention many keyboard shortcuts I use when I'm coding and doing some Photoshop functionalities. I think this is very discriminative for left handed persons!

I've trried to remap it using MS PowerToys but that key is not visible at all. I've also tried to disable fingerprint reader in BIOS but also to no avail. I've searched everywhere but no one has a solution so I can remap this key to a standard Right CTRL function.

I  believe you can release BIOS fix so I can re-map this fingerprint reader to a standard CTRL key that I can actually use.

Thank you.

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

I totally agree! We want right Ctrl back. I can’t do any of my usual work without it. 

HP Recommended

I completely agree! As a long-time developer, I'm also quite confused by the new layout.

I don't use the fingerprint reader, so I don't see the purpose of it. A BIOS update that would allow that key to be reprogrammed into the CTRL function would be very useful, so I hope that you will soon find a solution to return us the right CTRL key, because we need it.

This is not a cheap product, so I think we should have that option available.

Thank you in advance.

HP Recommended

I agree with you. I'm dissatisfied with the current situation regarding the missing right Ctrl key. I rely heavily on this key to perform my usual work and its absence has caused significant disruptions.

HP Recommended

I see I'm not the only one. I totally agree with you. Please return the ctrl key on the right.

HP Recommended

I am reaching out to express my frustration with the new product layout, particularly the absence of the right CTRL key. As a user who heavily relies on this key for my work, I find it confusing and inconvenient to work without it.

Additionally, I don't use the fingerprint reader, and I believe that reprogramming that key to function as the right CTRL key would be a more practical solution. I hope that you can find a way to incorporate this change through a BIOS update or another method.

Given the high cost of this product, I believe that users should have the option to customize the keyboard to fit their needs. Therefore, I urge you to prioritize the restoration of the right CTRL key or provide a viable alternative.

Thank you.

HP Recommended

I share the same opinion. I had the intention of buying this laptop model, but when I noticed that there is no right ctrl key, instead there is a fingerprint, which in my opinion is totally unnecessary and useless, I immediately withdraw from the purchase.

HP Recommended

I fully support the need to bring back the right CTRL key. As someone who relies heavily on this key for my work, I find it challenging to navigate without it. It is crucial that the company takes prompt action to restore this key to its rightful place.

HP Recommended

I definitely agree. The laptop is not the same without ctrl key on the right. Please return it.

HP Recommended

I am also left handed and very upset that they removed right ctrl key, which I need. Totally useless fingerprint reader. Very bad!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.