Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop 15-cx0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

First problem:

My HP Support assistant has a red exclaimation point on it and keeps telling me "Important action needed." It's talking about an update for "Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver" that I have installed three times. It appears to be having a major effect on my disk usage limit.

Second Problem:

I have a huge amount of problems with my laptop, and when I try to use the Support Assistant Chat, it keeps on saying that it encounters a problem and I need to choose a different option.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@GuitarGusto

Welcome to HP Forums Community!

There could be a glitch on the program causing the issue, I suggest you attempt installing the update directly from the HP website instead of using the HP Support Assistant, restart the computer and check if the exclamation has disappeared, if that still has the same error, use the below steps to uninstall the same, you can then use this link to download the latest version and the same should resolve the issue: Click here for details.

1. In Windows, search for an open Uninstall a program.

2. On the Programs and Features window, select HP Support Assistant, then click Uninstall.

Figure : Uninstall HP Support Assistant

Uninstall screen from the Control Panel with HP Support Assistant highlighted
  3. Click Yes on the Programs and Features screen to confirm you want to uninstall HP Support Assistant.

Figure : Uninstall confirmation

Confirmation screen to uninstall HP Support Assistant with Yes selected
  4. Restart your computer to complete the process.

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.