Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavillion 15- AY105NE
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought a new laptop HP-15 ay105ne with the followsing specs:

Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5 GHz

4 GB DDR4 RAM

ATI Radeon M430 2GB Dedicated

1 TB HDD

I use my lapotp for university tasks which includes running Visual Studio, Virtual Box etc, apart from that i intended to use my laptop for some low-end gaming. Now the problem i have is after 10 minutes of running a game it starts lagging and the temperate of CPU is around 75-80 Degree Celsius.... I used to play Battlefield 4 and COD MW3 on my older laptop which was a Lenovo i5 5th gen without a dedicated GPU and everything ran fine on it, whereas on this new laptop i just bought almost every game i try to play starts lagging, i have updated all the drivers and make sure that the laptop is kept in a cold environment, as there are no air inlets i can't use a cooling pad or anything like that. Any suggestion will be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@shadow008

That specific model does not show up. But there are glitches in the new system that HP is working on.

Here is the same spec model as yours and the drivers will be the same.

Hope it helps.

HP Notebook - 15-ay105nt Product Specifications 

HP  Notebook - 15-ay105nt Software and Driver Downloads

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@shadow008

Thank you for joining HP Forums. 

I'll be glad to help you 🙂 

As I understand the HP 15 laptop has slow performance issues while using it to play games,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Did you know that this is not a gaming laptop such as the HP Omen series and that this is specifically designed for basic everyday computing (only)?

That said, Have you reduced the visual effects of windows so that performance is the preference?

If you haven't, here's a few things you can do:
You may try the below steps, as even if the game is compatible with your system hardware it may have a slow performance because you are using the Windows 10 as the OS uses most of the CPU & graphics card usage, you might want to reduce the visual effects for windows to save the amount of CPU & Graphics card usage required to run your game properly. 

  

Here's how you do it: 

• Go to Start Menu > click on Settings. 

• Type performance > choose took Adjust the appearance and performance of Windows.  
  • In the new window, go to the Visual Effects and select Adjust for best performance. 

• click Apply anOk...this should do the trick. 

Keep me posted for further assistance 😉

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

First of all thanks alot for the kind response.

I actually know that this isn't a gaming laptop , as i am not a hardcore gamer i ocassionally play games. But as i told the older laptop had low specs than this one but it was fine with some low-end gaming and i just bought this one expecting that it will provide me a better result in some kind of gaming and my university work too, all of the softwares i need to run work fine but these games just make me feel like i made a horrible decision to spend some bucks on this new notebook. Now coming back to feedback, actually i installed Windows 7 a month ago keeping in mind that windows 10 might be using most of the CPU and GPU for itself but no luck with windows 7. It alsa had the same problem, the game runs fine for a couple of minutes and then it starts lagging. Lag isn't constant its like while playing it lags for 10 to 15 seconds and works fine for the next 2 minutes and this happens in a loop. Now what i think is that my laptop is getting quite hot while gaming, and the major issue is that i can't do anything to cool it down. I sit in an air conditioned room most of the times so temperature is quite normal in the environment but still the laptop heats up... I can't use a cooling pad because there are no air inlets at the bottom so using a cooling pad is useless(although i use it with a hope everytime). Now i understand that all this issue is being created because of overheating because i remember just for once while i was playing everything was fine, laptop wasn't getting heated that much and neither did the lag occured but the next time it happened again,i was thinking about the USB Vaccum Cooler which is mounted on the air outlet at the left side of the laptop, as i think that may be it can help laptop in staying cool by air suction with a rapid speed. So any suggestions about that??? Is there a hope that it might work??? 

Thanks in advance for your response. 

HP Recommended

@shadow008

Thank you for responding,

I Appreciate your time & efforts 😉

Before we proceed I must let you know, that HP does not recommend using a retail version of windows, We only support the OEM or preinstalled OS and I would appreciate if you could get back to Windows 10.

That said, you could switch to performance on both the Windows settings and the AMD Catalyst center to make a noticeable difference, you could also, reduce the in-game resolution to increase game performance while the visual effects such as 3D initialising, blur effects, etc...are turned off.

Your feedback regarding the air vents among others are appreciated and will be forwarded to the appropriate team, Although, I must clarify that this PC was build keeping in mind that an everyday computer doesn't need an excess vent for daily work, hence it's designed this way.

Let me know how that works out, keep me in the loop and Good luck! 😉 

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Yeah i did revert back to Windows 10 right after i found that Windows 7 is of no use. Currently i am using Windows 10. Anyway i think i should give a try to the USB Vaccum Cooler. Thanks for your response. 

Can you please direct me to the actual page to download the latest drivers for my notebook? It would be so kind of you as i can't find its driver too.

HP Recommended

@shadow008

It will be my pleasure!

Perhaps, you could utilize your product number instead of the model name provided as that isn't fetching any information on my end either: Click here to access the Official HP Website for software and downloads.

If the product number doesn't help obtain the drivers, please reply back with the product number and I shall help you with the same.

Keep me posted.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I looked for drivers using the product number but was unable to find any compatible drivers.

Product Number: Y7X18EA#ABV
Here's the product number it would be so kind of you if you can guide me to the drivers page.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

@shadow008

That specific model does not show up. But there are glitches in the new system that HP is working on.

Here is the same spec model as yours and the drivers will be the same.

Hope it helps.

HP Notebook - 15-ay105nt Product Specifications 

HP  Notebook - 15-ay105nt Software and Driver Downloads

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.