Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

When I turn on my computer (HP Envy DV7)it is asking for administrtor password or power on password. I get system haulted error with this number 59503708.  Does anyone know how to get past this error?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi

Try : 46461328

Hope this helps.

***** Click the Thumbs UP (Like) on the Right to say 'Thanks'*****

****Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution”&"Thumbs up "if it solves your problem.****

-VJ

Although I am an HP Employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Dear Customer,

Welcome and thank you for posting your query on HP Support Forum.

Unfortunately for the notebooks there is no option to clear or reset power on password but still, request you to please call HP technical support and they will provide you with the available assistance.

I must inform you that these services are not endorsed by HP, and that HP is not responsible for any damage that may arise to your system by using these services. Please be aware that you do this at your own risk.

Hope this helps, for any further queries please reply to the post and feel free to join us again.

**Click the KUDOS star on left to say Thanks**

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Thank You,

SJ_Bradley

I am an HP Employee.

HP Recommended

Hi

Try : 46461328

Hope this helps.

***** Click the Thumbs UP (Like) on the Right to say 'Thanks'*****

****Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution”&"Thumbs up "if it solves your problem.****

-VJ

Although I am an HP Employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

HP Recommended

Thank you so much, worked perfectly.

HP Recommended

my hp keep asking me for a administgrator password or power on password. I never set this up?? I tried various password but no good....

I got this 86378601... please help!!!

HP Recommended

@vitranog 

Enter:     39050227

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

That took care of it!!! Thank you....

follow up question....How or why did this happend?? And how do i disable this feature from ever happening again???

Thanks again for your help and QUICK response!!!

HP Recommended

Hi,

You're welcome :generic:

Regarding what caused this, sometimes a bios update or the machine powering off suddenly can be to blame - other times it seems to just happen out of the blue.  Entering the code in my previous post should have removed the need for a power on password and it'll probably never happen again - if it does, just post back.

All the best,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

So my laptop says its diagnosing my PC....been that way since I entered that code? Is this normal?? I was thinking of rebooting it?

HP Recommended

Hi,

Try running some diagnostic tests.

Shut down the notebook. 

Tap away at the esc key as you start the notebook to enter the Start-up Menu.  Select the Diagnostic Menu option ( f2 ) and run the tests on the Hard Drive and Memory.

Regards,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.