Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion x360 m3 Convertible
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP Pavilion x360 m3 Convertible, Model m3-u103dx:

The pages are jumping, emails and bookmarks are opening without my command. I've run a diagnostic test, antivirus scans and taken it to Best Buy's Geek Squad (place of purchase). Everything is showing my computer is normal with no viruses but the problem is real and very abnormal. This just started last week Monday, 6/17/9. Has anyone else had this experience? If so, what did you do? I need a computer for school but can't afford to buy another one!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @Im_frustrated57 

Don't know that I have a solution but I can offer a few suggestions.

If you have a mouse connected, did you disconnect it to see if the problem stopped?

It might also be related to the touch pad or touch screen failing (I would lean towards the touchscreen most likely).

Go to Device Manager (type Device Manager in Windows Search and hit the Enter key) and in the list, go to Human Interface Devices. Click the drop down and see if there is an entry for HID-Compliant touch screen. If so, right click on it and disable it. See if the issue stops. If so, you know its the touch panel.

Didn't Geek Squad offer to do a factory reset (reinstall windows) to see if it fixed the issue?

If not, I would suggest you try that if nothing else works. If reinstalling Windows does not solve the issue, you definitely have a hardware problem, that would mean parts replacement. You can access the HP Recovery from the Start menu. Go to H/HP Help and Support and look for HP Recovery Manager.

Note that if you have critical data that you have not backed up to a different drive or the cloud, you will want to do that first. The recovery will wipe the drive.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello @Im_frustrated57 

Don't know that I have a solution but I can offer a few suggestions.

If you have a mouse connected, did you disconnect it to see if the problem stopped?

It might also be related to the touch pad or touch screen failing (I would lean towards the touchscreen most likely).

Go to Device Manager (type Device Manager in Windows Search and hit the Enter key) and in the list, go to Human Interface Devices. Click the drop down and see if there is an entry for HID-Compliant touch screen. If so, right click on it and disable it. See if the issue stops. If so, you know its the touch panel.

Didn't Geek Squad offer to do a factory reset (reinstall windows) to see if it fixed the issue?

If not, I would suggest you try that if nothing else works. If reinstalling Windows does not solve the issue, you definitely have a hardware problem, that would mean parts replacement. You can access the HP Recovery from the Start menu. Go to H/HP Help and Support and look for HP Recovery Manager.

Note that if you have critical data that you have not backed up to a different drive or the cloud, you will want to do that first. The recovery will wipe the drive.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.