Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 15-ab035TX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I  have purachase HP Pavilion on 8th July 2015, and now i am getting one strange issue in it. Its Enter Key is getting pressed automatically sometimes. I am sure there is nothing dorpped over keyboard before such as any liquid or so. 

All its keys are clean.

Kindly check or suggest me the solution on it. 

Please reply.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @NitsOnHP,

Thank you for posting at HP Forums! I have read your post and wanted to help.

I understand that Enter key works when it is not pressed. Please run the keyboard test in component test in the UEFI hardware failure tests.

HP Notebook PCs - Testing for Hardware Failures (Windows 10, 😎

Do you have any security software installed on the laptop? Have you used the laptop for internet surfing?

Here is a document may help: HP PCs - Computer Might Be Infected by a Virus or Malware (Windows 10, 😎

Let me know how it goes.

If this helps you to reach a solution, please click the "Accept as Solution" button down below in this message. If you wish to say "thanks" for my effort to help, click the "thumbs up" to give me Kudos. :catvery-happy:

Regards,

SDJL
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ”on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

hi,

As per your suggestion I run the Keyboard Test UEFI under component section: I have got the following result:

Keyboard  -  Failed  -  60BTPG-7MW863-MFPWLJ-G02F03  -  7/13/2016

In which it shows the "Ins prt sc" button has a fault, but during test i also see both the enter key got auto pressed for few seconds. 

Later I have installed an Anti Malware software, and scan system as well but it could not helped me. I already have a licensed Mc Affee Internet Security Software.

I also uninstaMouse device and keyboard, and touchpad device software and installed from hp support store. 

But still no luck. Please suggest me the solution, as i am not able to work in this PC. 

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hi @NitsOnHP,

Thank you for the reply!

It seems like the keyboard hardware is defective since it failed the hardware test.

You may consider replacing the keyboard or using an external connected keyboard. You can contact HP phone support to arrange a repair.

To contact HP phone support: use the following link http://www.hp.com/contacthp to create a case for your issue, and contact HP. If you live outside the US/Canada, please click the link http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html to get the contact information for your region.

If you want to replace the keyboard by yourself, here is the manual for disassembling the laptop: Maintenance and Service Guide. Here is the Part Store.

SDJL
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ”on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.