Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I have a Pavilion dv7-3165dx with win 7 home premium factory installed, and recently I noticed that my mute button in the quick launch buttons has quit changing to white when the speakers are unmuted. I have tried installing the latest drivers for the quick launch buttons, that didn't work. Someone solved a similar problem (button stayed white when muted) by installing something he/she called the HP Total Advisor, and taking it's advice, but I can't find the program.

IF what I post solves your problem please click the "Problem solved" button on my post.
Oh, and if I have helped you, clicking the 'Kudos' star on my post would not hurt my feelings ether.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Try downloading and reinstalling the IDT sound driver on the link below.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp48501-49000/sp48830.exe

After the installation has completed, restart the notebook and see if this has had any effect.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

It seems that the control that I'm concerned with is not a quick launch button, however the problem persists.

IF what I post solves your problem please click the "Problem solved" button on my post.
Oh, and if I have helped you, clicking the 'Kudos' star on my post would not hurt my feelings ether.
HP Recommended

Hi,

Try downloading and reinstalling the IDT sound driver on the link below.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp48501-49000/sp48830.exe

After the installation has completed, restart the notebook and see if this has had any effect.

Regards,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

Thanks a bunch, that did it just fine.

HP Recommended

Hi,

You're welcome, glad it helped :generic:

All the best,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

I had the same problem and the solution worked for me as well.

HP Recommended

On my DV9620us running vista, the speakers will not un mute. If I go to the control pannel I can click the mute botton and it will show that mute is off. If I use the mute button above the key board the mute icon will change from muted to unmuted, but the button above the keyboard will stay red and the speakers will nnot work.

HP Recommended

fixed my problem  red mute light  for  now ...what  caused driver IDT issue  my  dv 7 3186  for past month unknown ...DAVID you  are my  hero  thnx 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.