Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Omen hp15-ce0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hallo.  My new motherboard that i ordered two weeks ago has came with a wrong product number. Maybe somebody here knows how i can change it in the bios or with some software? Regards Bratwurst

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Echte

Thank you for posting backing. 

You won't be able to fix this issue unless BIOS flashed in manufacturer way that is tattooing the motherboard. 

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance.

Have a good day!

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Echte
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

I would request you to reach out to our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to check the available service options in order to tattoo the product information ( in this case the Bios needs to be tattooed ) HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi. Thanks for your reply. I wouldn't like to bring my laptop to a hp service, i wish i could handle the issue myself, but i'm still at sixes and sevens because the software needed to perform the task seems nowhere available on the internet. All the Information i have found on the Internet regarding the matter is a bit of obsolete. I think it's chancy to tinker with it without a proper guide. Regards Echte 

HP Recommended

@Echte

Thank you for posting backing. 

You won't be able to fix this issue unless BIOS flashed in manufacturer way that is tattooing the motherboard. 

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance.

Have a good day!

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Looks like that's the only single solution available for me in the situation, the only way i could solve the issue. It's a bit frustrating that hp don't make this ilk of software available for everyone who needs it, thanks for your support. 

HP Recommended

Hello. I contacted a local hp service center and i was told that they can't change my serial number and another identity information because it's a breaching of hp safety policy. So they had refused to play the ball, but i told you of my problem in a bit different way from reality. The thruth is that the laptop wasn't bought in Deutschland. So I've got all those numbers in my bios that differ from what they are supposed to be if i bought this notebook in Deutschland. i still want to change all that identity numbers and letters so that my bios looks as it was made for use in Deutschland. Regards Echte  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.