Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Wow HP just sent me an email about my review on the laptop.  

SteveChow,

Our staff has read your review and values your contribution even though it did not meet all our website guidelines. Thanks for sharing, and we hope to publish next time!

Below is what my review are.

Disappointed. Laptop goes to sleep then reboot it self. Losing all the open tabs and works. HP support just keep telling me to restore windows which I did for the 7th time. Waiting for return team to reply because they have to "determine if I can return it or not". There is also a topic on the HP community. https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/New-HP-ENVY-15-crashes-then-res... Who ever marked the topic SOLVED is WRONG or he/she just don't want to deal with it anymore like me.

Shame on HP.  They don’t want others to know the truth.  Pathetic.

HP Recommended

@SteveChow I think you can prevent the restarts from occurring by changing the power settings so that the computer will never go to sleep and instead hibernates. If the laptop hibernates, at least in my case, it does not restart. It does take slightly longer to load up compared to sleep, so it is an unsatisfactory solution, but it might help while you get a refund or someone else finds a solution.

HP Recommended

That's one way to prevent crashes. The problem with hibernation is that it is known to cause all kinds of issues. The newer Windows fast startup is somewhat better since it something like a log off + hibernation after log off. But HP not caring 1 bit after all of us experience this issue is surprising.

HP Recommended

@SteveChow

Good HP escalation team contacted you, since you are in your 30 day return period. I am past those 30 days so they didn't even bother to message me even once.

HP Recommended

Skourby

I already try the hibernation way which didn’t help either, as soon as it hits hibernate mode it reboot just like going to sleep mode.   It’s hit or miss.  It’s almost like the Envy is alive and refuse to go to sleep or hibernate.

HP Recommended

Rohankataria

Below is what the return team email me.  I have to wait for their decision. 🙄

Dear SteveChow,

We have received your request for return or exchange and are reviewing it. Should we have any questions or need any additional information, we may reach out to you via phone or email and will ask that you respond right away or within 5 days.

What’s next?

·         Once we have the necessary information, we will determine if we can process your request and advise you accordingly via email. We are working to communicate with you on your request within 3-5 additional business days.

·         For products to be returned to HP, we use FedEx as our shipper. A prepaid label will be sent to you through email and will come from a Fedex.com email box with clear instructions.

·         IMPORTANT:  The label needs to be printed (or scanned) and used right away or it will expire. The expiration window is 5 days.

·         All returns must be tendered to a FedEx representative at a staffed FedEx Office location. For the security of the product/s you purchased, do not take your return to a non-FedEx location (eg, Walgreen's) or place it in a drop box. Alternatively, you may have the option to request a pick-up - select this online when accessing the return label for printing.

·         Always obtain a receipt for your return for your records and as proof of your drop-off.

·         Returns must be dropped off within 5 days or risk expiration and cancellation.

·         For further information or to review our store returns policy, please visit: https://store.hp.com/us/en/cv/returnsandexchanges

Should you have any questions, please reach back to us through email (myhpsales@hp.com). Please note, our phone and chat reps will be unable to assist you further at this time.

Thank you for your patience with us. We are experiencing staffing challenges during this time and are working hard every day to accommodate all requests and customer needs in a timely manner.

Sincerely,

HP.com Store Customer Service Team

HP Recommended

@SteveChow Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that the New HP ENVY 15 crashes then restarts every time it goes into sleep mode

In that case, I would suggets you conatct our phone support and check for the support option. They will help you.

Here is how you can get in touch with phone support.

1)Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

We are experiencing longer than expected wait times to reach an agent due to the CoViD-19 impact and there might have been issues in you getting the expected resolution on the issue. 

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

I returned mine to Costco. I was hoping a solution would have been found prior to my decision to return. The same issue occurred with multiple customers, so it should be easily reproduced by HP Support. It's such an important issue.

Doing the recovery or changing the power plan settings were not acceptable solution. I did spend a few hours with HP Support via chat but to no avail.

HP Recommended

Agree.  HP just keeps telling customers to reset windows or change power planes settings which is unacceptable at all.  I spent a good amount of money on this and I was expecting a nice result but 🙄😩.  Also HP took off my review from their site.  Seriously shame on them for not letting others to know the issue.  HP finally gave me the green light to return but have to wait for them to inspect it before I can get my money back.  They stated that there might be a 15% restocking fee which I will fight for because it is a defective product to being with and not my fault.

HP Recommended

I think one of the drivers must be bad.  If it is a hardware issue then how come other manufacturers don’t have this problem.  I have searched on Dell, Lenovo and Asus sites with the same built to see if they have similar problem with zero result found.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.