Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Hp Notebook 15 db1xxx (Not Completely Sure)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello! So I just got a new laptop, and for some reason it seem to have poor battery life. I only have a few things on it, and have alot of battery saving settings on yet I'm on the web for a couple minutes and there goes a couple percents of my battery. It is a high quality, smooth fast laptop which I love, but the battery life seems off. Is this Normal? or is this a concern? anyone knows more about this or has a suggestion please let me know!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

15" and larger notebooks are not known for sipping current from batteries.

A couple of percent is normal for a few minutes with a larger notebook.

13" and smaller notebook get around 8-12+ hours, depending on the power options selected.

I can use mine  for about an entire flight when going to the US from Europe.

How much time do you get out of the battery until it shuts off?

Have you run the battery test in the HP PC Diagnostics Utility? 

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

15" and larger notebooks are not known for sipping current from batteries.

A couple of percent is normal for a few minutes with a larger notebook.

13" and smaller notebook get around 8-12+ hours, depending on the power options selected.

I can use mine  for about an entire flight when going to the US from Europe.

How much time do you get out of the battery until it shuts off?

Have you run the battery test in the HP PC Diagnostics Utility? 

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Thanks for replying, yeah I know. It roughly around 4 hours sometimes more sometimes less.

HP Recommended

For your notebook that would be pretty much the norm.

Back in the days of removeable batteries, we had the option of purchasing and using a battery with higher storage capacity.

Unfortunately, those days are probably gone forever.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.