Did you mean: 
Kendall778
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Solved!

New Laptop Poor Battery Life

HP Recommended
Hp Notebook 15 db1xxx (Not Completely Sure)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello! So I just got a new laptop, and for some reason it seem to have poor battery life. I only have a few things on it, and have alot of battery saving settings on yet I'm on the web for a couple minutes and there goes a couple percents of my battery. It is a high quality, smooth fast laptop which I love, but the battery life seems off. Is this Normal? or is this a concern? anyone knows more about this or has a suggestion please let me know!

3 REPLIES 3
erico
Level 17
Level 17
47,959 42,198 4,643 12,409
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

15" and larger notebooks are not known for sipping current from batteries.

A couple of percent is normal for a few minutes with a larger notebook.

13" and smaller notebook get around 8-12+ hours, depending on the power options selected.

I can use mine  for about an entire flight when going to the US from Europe.

How much time do you get out of the battery until it shuts off?

Have you run the battery test in the HP PC Diagnostics Utility? 

I am not an HP Employee.
0 Kudos
Kendall778
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for replying, yeah I know. It roughly around 4 hours sometimes more sometimes less.

0 Kudos
erico
Level 17
Level 17
47,959 42,198 4,643 12,409
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

For your notebook that would be pretty much the norm.

Back in the days of removeable batteries, we had the option of purchasing and using a battery with higher storage capacity.

Unfortunately, those days are probably gone forever.

I am not an HP Employee.
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation