Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
15-n096st
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello. My HP laptop 15-n096st came with windows 8 and with some oem softwares. I was able to  use OEM softwares after every recovery via recovery part but now I deleted recovery part and using Windows 10.  Is there any way that I could use oem products in Windows 10?  My PC has windows keys in its bios, can I have the oem keys in the same way? 

Regards, 

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@mech-eng 

Its specs

https://support.hp.com/ca-en/document/c03924936

It came with

Symantec Norton Internet Security 2013 (60 days live update)
DTS Sound+
HP Connected Music
HP Coolsense
HP ProtectSmart
HP Connected ePrint
CyberLink Power DVD
Windows Live Essentials
7-Zip
Box ( 25GB of free cloud storage)

and few others. Do you know which ones you had before the upgrade

You should tick to keep all user files/programs and Windows will keep all for you, a bit too late now.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

and few others. Do you know which ones you had before the upgrade

You should tick to keep all user files/programs and Windows will keep all for you, a bit too late now.

Regards.

I remember I was using "Norton" and "Power DVD". But shouldn't  have I had all the list since they come with the PC? 

HP Recommended

@Banhien 

Can't I find demo keys at all? From bios or Norton's website etc? 

HP Recommended

@mech-eng 

These third-party apps are special OEM-only versions that come only preloaded on the HP PCs.  If you reformat a drive or reinstall Windows, you will lose these and NOT be able get them back -- as the HP Recovery Media does not include these third-party add-ons.  Plus, the product keys associated with these are also only preloaded on the PCs;  these keys are not provided separately and if you contact the app suppliers, they will not have them because these are special OEM-only versions of the apps.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.