Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP Laptop 15-dc1xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello guys,

I have many questions I need about my OMEN laptop.

1) BIOS version - When I look for drivers on HP support pages, It shows me that last bios version for my laptop is F.12 which is really old and when I get into my BIOS it is that old looking bios with absolutely no options there? No advanced tab? Nothing.

2) Driver support - I reinstalled my OS to latest windows 10 1909 and now I can not even install proper drivers. The last drivers are for 1903. This notebook is not even that old and it already does not have driver support? It only shows me that these drivers are old.

3) CPU issues - I do not have my HP power plan in my power options, because I reinstalled my system, so I wanted to install drivers and power plan, but I can not because the drivers are outdated. The CPU usage is randomly spiking, temperatures are spiking to 99°C and the usage graph is horrible too.

Are there any solutions to these 3 problems? They are connected to each other so the only solution is to deal with all of them. I though HP laptops are best in terms of quality, components and software, but right now I am thinking of getting my money back to be honest.

Thanks in advance for any help.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

When you say the BIOS is old, it is from end of June 2019, so not really that old.

Drivers for new versions of Windows 10 usually become available when older drivers show some kind of problem with the newer version. It is still Windows 10

You could install HP support assistant which should make the installing of the latest drivers easier.

.HP Support Assistant | HP® Official Site 

Hope it helps,

David

HP Recommended

Capture.PNGI did not mean like old in terms of update, but old looking in terms of UI. Because I have pro book for like half the price and its  BIOS is on another level in UI and configurations. There is even no advanced tab.

I have HP support assistant installed on my PC and there are no updates for my drivers and they can not be installed manually as I said it only tells me that the driver is not supported on this OS version. And because I can not install proper drivers my PC is not working properly. My CPU is not stable, I can not install proper HP power plan etc. As an IT I tried everything I know. Is there anything I can do? Should I reinstall Windows 10 1903, block updates and install proper drivers? Or is HP updating drivers? Or is there anything else I can do to solve this?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.