Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Omen 17t
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The Omen Gaming Hub loads eternally whenever I try to open it. Upon investigation, the data for the app is only about 5 mb, and remains at roughly that size no matter how many times I uninstall and reinstall it or update the drivers. I think something is stopping it from downloading the actual app data, which means there isn't anything to run apart from the infuriating loading screen. Although I'm pretty sure I know what the problem is, I have no idea how to fix this so any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Performing a full system reset does result in the Gaming Hub working once, but as soon as the computer is restarted the same problem returns.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@k5698

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I understand that HP Omen Gaming Hub is not working correctly.

You can install the latest OMEN Gaming Hub version from Microsoft Store.

1. In Windows, search for and open Microsoft Store.

2. In the store, search for and open OMEN Gaming Hub.

3. Click Get, and then click Install.

And, also let' make sure you have the latest version of the app, see How do I install the latest OMEN Gaming Hub version?.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@Echo_Lake

I have the Omen Gaming Hub installed, and I do have the latest version. The issue is that, although I have downloaded the app from the Microsoft Store and installed it, the actual data for the app will not download. If I reset the app in settings, it reads as 8.00 kb stored on my computer, which increases to about 5 mb if I attempt to actually run the program. I assume the additional storage space is taken up by settings and other miscellaneous surrounding data. I have attempted uninstalling and reinstalling the app (restarting the computer between the two steps), and have tried going to the HP site and manually installing the driver for the Gaming Hub with no success. The consequence of the lack of the actual app data is that, if I try to run the program, the relevant processes will appear in task manager and the initial loading screen will appear, but after a few seconds the tasks will all show 0 or almost 0% CPU usage and the loading screen will simply sit in the middle of the screen unable to be moved or interacted with until the program is closed (I have waited for up to an hour to ensure it is not merely slow).

HP Recommended

@k5698

Thank you for posting back. 

I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue.

I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to Remote into your computer and sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.