Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP 17-cb0002ng
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Prettymuch the title. After choosing "Intelligent Undervolting" in the Omen Gaming Hub, the laptop would restart a couple times with a percentage screen showing up with the progress that has already been done. Then the laptop rebooted again and again and the same window appeard with the same loading percentage, so I went ahead and pressed "cancel" on the progress screen as it led to nowhere but an infinite amounts of progress screens after endless reboots and it would not stop by itself. So I thought I could just restart the operation, but when I try to open the Gaming Hub, it gets stuck on the loading screen. I tried to uninstall various omen drivers and tried to uninstall the Hub first, but when I go ahead and download it, everything the MS Store dowloads it's just nearly about 1 MB (I guess it installs just the loading screen animations from the Omen Gaming Hub?) while the Hub itself is about 600 MB...

So, here I am, stuck after trying to undervolt my laptop again, after cancelling the first attempt to undervolt it.

I've been seeing some other people having the very same problem as I, and no, reinstalling it obviously doesn't helps.

Ah, yes, sometimes when I press the Omen button, a big black screen from the Gaming Hub appears. A screen that does nothing, so I close it, then it's all from the beginning, where I am stuck on the loading screen, probably because I cannot even install the full application from the MS Store, so, my only hope is that they release an update so I can then go to the MS Store and install the update along with the other full files from the app.

Does anyone else have any idea on how to fix anything in the meanwhile while I wait for an update? Help will of course be gladly accepted!

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

I was able to fix it with this

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Gaming-Notebooks/Omen-Command-Center-Stuck-on-Loading-Screen/m-p/79581...

I finally figured out where to go. C:\Users\{user}\AppData\Local\HP_Inc 

and deleted the folders that look like this  HP.Omen.OmenCommandCenter_Url and OmenCommandCenterBackgrou_Url_

The xml in these folders doesn't look correct.

I restarted the omen gaming hub and everything seemed to work.  So that could be a workaround.  It's a bug that needs to be fixed.

HP Recommended

Hello again,

Sadly in my appdata folder there is no "HP_Inc" folder to be found where I can delete the Omen Gaming Hub files.

Any other suggestions?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.