Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you are having hardware issues with your computer, please, Click here for more information.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP 15-dc0003nx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Omen 15-dc0003nx , synaptics touchpad driver not working, I installed all the drivers from hp drivers portal but of no use.
I have uninstalled the drivers and when restarted still not working.
When i update bios and start the laptop it starts working till the next restart.
Changed the Windows but of no use.
Tried driverspack software but still nothing.

Windows is upto date, no drivers pending.

Somebody please help me find a solution.Capture.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @huzeypha,

Welcome to HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

It seems like you've already taken several steps to address the issue with the Synaptics touchpad on your HP Omen 15-dc0003nx. Since you've tried reinstalling drivers and updating the BIOS, let's explore a few additional troubleshooting steps:

Check Device Manager:

• Open Device Manager (you can right-click on the Start button and select Device Manager).
  • Locate the touchpad under "Mice and other pointing devices" or a similar category.
  • Right-click on the touchpad device and select "Update driver" to ensure you have the latest driver installed.

Rollback Driver:

• If you recently updated the touchpad driver and the issue started after that, you might want to try rolling back the driver.
  • In Device Manager, right-click on the touchpad, choose "Properties," go to the "Driver" tab, and click on "Roll Back Driver" if the option is available.

Reinstall Synaptics Driver:

• Uninstall the Synaptics touchpad driver completely from Device Manager.
  • Download the latest Synaptics touchpad driver from the HP support website specifically for your model.
  • Install the downloaded driver and restart your laptop.

BIOS/UEFI Settings:

• Access the BIOS/UEFI settings during startup (usually by pressing a key like F2 or DEL).
  • Look for any touchpad-related settings and ensure they are enabled.

Check for Windows Update:

• Although you mentioned Windows is up to date, check for any pending optional updates, especially for drivers.
  • Install any optional updates related to the touchpad.

System File Checker (SFC) and DISM:

• Open Command Prompt as an administrator.
  • Run the following commands: sfc /scannow
    DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

• Restart your laptop after the processes are complete.

Restore to a Previous State:

• If the issue started recently, you can try restoring your system to a previous state using System Restore.

I hope this helps. 

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Gaya1239 – HP Support.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @huzeypha,

Welcome to HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

It seems like you've already taken several steps to address the issue with the Synaptics touchpad on your HP Omen 15-dc0003nx. Since you've tried reinstalling drivers and updating the BIOS, let's explore a few additional troubleshooting steps:

Check Device Manager:

• Open Device Manager (you can right-click on the Start button and select Device Manager).
  • Locate the touchpad under "Mice and other pointing devices" or a similar category.
  • Right-click on the touchpad device and select "Update driver" to ensure you have the latest driver installed.

Rollback Driver:

• If you recently updated the touchpad driver and the issue started after that, you might want to try rolling back the driver.
  • In Device Manager, right-click on the touchpad, choose "Properties," go to the "Driver" tab, and click on "Roll Back Driver" if the option is available.

Reinstall Synaptics Driver:

• Uninstall the Synaptics touchpad driver completely from Device Manager.
  • Download the latest Synaptics touchpad driver from the HP support website specifically for your model.
  • Install the downloaded driver and restart your laptop.

BIOS/UEFI Settings:

• Access the BIOS/UEFI settings during startup (usually by pressing a key like F2 or DEL).
  • Look for any touchpad-related settings and ensure they are enabled.

Check for Windows Update:

• Although you mentioned Windows is up to date, check for any pending optional updates, especially for drivers.
  • Install any optional updates related to the touchpad.

System File Checker (SFC) and DISM:

• Open Command Prompt as an administrator.
  • Run the following commands: sfc /scannow
    DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

• Restart your laptop after the processes are complete.

Restore to a Previous State:

• If the issue started recently, you can try restoring your system to a previous state using System Restore.

I hope this helps. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Gaya1239 – HP Support.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.