Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Omen 17
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought the computer yesterday OCC was working fine, after recieving updates from HP now every time I open it just freezes and all I see is a black screen.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@flbrenda

Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂 

I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers. 

As I understand the Omen command center has been freezing since the recent update,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Did you update the Omen controller from the HP website to resolve the issue?
Have you updated the BIOS and the Chip-set drivers as well?

While you respond to that, here's what you need to do:

Click here to download the latest OMEN Command Center to resolve this issue.

If the issue persists, Click here to find and install the omen controller, bios and chipset drivers.

The only other thing to do, is recover the original application from the recovery manager: Click here for instructions to retain the original Omen controller.

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@flbrenda

Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂 

I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers. 

As I understand the Omen command center has been freezing since the recent update,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Did you update the Omen controller from the HP website to resolve the issue?
Have you updated the BIOS and the Chip-set drivers as well?

While you respond to that, here's what you need to do:

Click here to download the latest OMEN Command Center to resolve this issue.

If the issue persists, Click here to find and install the omen controller, bios and chipset drivers.

The only other thing to do, is recover the original application from the recovery manager: Click here for instructions to retain the original Omen controller.

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I used the recobery manager and is working now, thank you for your help

HP Recommended

@flbrenda

Thank you for the update,

I appreciate your time and efforts, 

I'm glad I could contribute towards identifying and leading you towards the solution for this concern.

Thanks for taking the time to let the community know that you accept my suggestions,

You've been great to work with and it has been a genuine pleasure interacting with you.

I hope both you and your product works great and remain healthy for a long time 😉 

To simply say thanks for my efforts to assist you, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos.

And select Accepted as solution to help others find the same solution as you have.

Take care now and do have a fabulous week ahead. 🙂

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.