Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Laptop 15-bs0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

For the past couple of weeks, whenever I run the 'Check your operating system' with the HP Support Assistance, the last cycle doesn't complete.  After closing the software before it completes, it leaves a number of processes running for which I need to manually end.  How can I fix this issue?  Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@MarkStrobel33

I reviewed your post and I understand that you are facing issues with the HP support assistant.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I recommend you uninstall HP support assistant from your computer and then download and install it from the below link and check whether the issue is resolved.

http://www8.hp.com/in/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/hpsupport.html?jumpid=va_r602_in/en/any/psg/pl...

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Instead of reinstalling the app, will HP be updating/grading this app any time in the near future which would resolve this issue?

HP Recommended

@MarkStrobel33

You can update the app if you do not have the latest version, there is an option in the app to check for updates for the app itself. However, you can download and install the latest version of the app from the link that I have shared.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

How can I manually update the app within the app?  I don't see an option to do this.  Thanks.

HP Recommended

My version number is Version: 9.7.238.0.

HP Recommended

@MarkStrobel33

I recommend you contact support to further diagnose the issue.

Here is how you can get in touch with support.

1)Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.