Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 17
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Why don't my drivers ever update??!! I try HPSA and Windows update. Some of my drivers date back to2006!!

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@DrewMann

Welcome to HP Community

Please provide me with the complete Notebook Model or the Product Number and I will check if there are any latest drivers available for your Notebook

You can refer to this Link: hp.care/2bygf7l for help in locating the Product Number.

Thank you 😊

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

@KrazyToad  Product # X0S43UA#ABA  

HP ENVY - 17-s143cl

HP Recommended

HP ENVY - 17-s143cl  serial #5CD6504J0N

HP Recommended

@KrazyToad Anything?????

HP Recommended

@DrewMann

As per the HP Website, the latest drivers date back to 2016 which means HP has not released any drivers for your Notebook recently since it's not needed

Moreover Windows 10 updates will take care of updating most of the drivers if required

There is a BIOS update available for your Notebook. Link: https://support.hp.com/ca-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-envy-17-s100-notebook-pc/12499196/mode...

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hmmm so its ok to have 2016 drivers? Well quite a few are the 2006 version, like my firmware driver is 10.0.17134.1, 21-Jun-06. I take 06 to mean 2006. BTW that driver is running many devices.  But somehow my Nvidia updates its drivers regularly. 

HP Recommended

@DrewMann

HP and Microsoft will only release updates if the Notebook requires latest drivers.

Please click this Link: https://support.hp.com/ca-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-envy-17-s100-notebook-pc/12499196/model/12780775 and check out the latest drivers. You do have certain drivers from 2017 and  2018. None of the drivers are from 2006. The latest Firmware update on the Website is from Jul 24, 2018

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Have you tried checking for updates in Device Manager?

If not, try these steps:

1) Right-click the Start Manu button. Click on Device Manager.

2) Open the relevant drop-downs. Right click a driver and click Update driver.

3) Click on the option to automatically search for updates.

4) Repeat for any other drivers on your computer, particually those you think are outdated.

I hope this helps.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.