Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

My HP Envy dv-7 notebook won't discover my new Bose Soundlink Mini Bluetooth speaker.  I have checked all my drivers, network setup, etc and all are up to date. I know speaker is working as it did link with my ipad.  What is the problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
I was able to get it to discover the speaker by resetting the bose speaker--holding the mute button for 10-12seconds. Then powering speaker back on.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello marykc48

I can assist you with getting your Bose Soundlink Mini Bluetooth Speaker to connect to your HP ENVY dv7 Notebook Computer. I would advise you to follow the steps I have outlined below and at the end you should be up and running:

Step 1. Go to device manager
Step 2. Right click on "Bluetooth Peripheral Device" that you want
Step 3. Select "Update Driver Software..."
Step 4. Choose "Browse my computer for driver software"
Step 5. Choose "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer"
Step 6. Select "Ports (COM & LPT)"
Step 7. Select "Microsoft" at "Manufacturer" list
Step 8. Finally select "Standard Serial over Bluetooth link"

I hope this gets your Bose Speakers working and you are able to enjoy your HP ENVY dv7 again. Thank you for posting on the HP Forums. Have a great weekend!

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

Find out a bit more about me by checking out my profile!

"Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong." ~ Donald Porter
HP Recommended

I followed your steps and everything is set up, but my PC still won't find the speaker.

HP Recommended
I was able to get it to discover the speaker by resetting the bose speaker--holding the mute button for 10-12seconds. Then powering speaker back on.
HP Recommended

Buy a lenovo or a laptop from a company that knows how to build one - the one I bought is the worst

HP Recommended

I know this is old, but the OP's own answer saved me!  Resetting the Bose Sound Linke (Hold Mute buttong for 10 seconds or so, then power back on) did it.  Thanks, OP!

HP Recommended

I know this is old, but the OP's own answer saved me!  Resetting the Bose Sound Linke (Hold Mute buttong for 10 seconds or so, then power back on) did it.  Thanks, OP!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.