Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Hp 15-AC184TU Notebook
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)
Hi..,
I am Anson Jose.My laptop model is 15-AC184TU Notebook.But in device manager, PCI Data acquisition and signal processing controller driver not installed.. PCI Simple communication driver also not installed. My is is windows 8.1 64 bit and in device manager even two more unknown devices also showing.plz help me
Hopes u will give a positive reply

Thanks & Regards
Anson jose
5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

See if these drivers work..

First install the intel chipset installation utility and restart the PC.

This package contains the Intel Chipset Installation Utility and Driver for supported notebook models and operating systems. This utility enables the operating system to show the correct name for the installed Intel hardware in the Microsoft Windows Device Manager.

File name: sp71260.exe

If that does not install the PCI Data acquisition and signal processing controller, then install this driver and restart the PC.

This package contains the driver that enables the Intel Dynamic Platform andThermal Framework firmware. Intel Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework provide system temperature and power utilization information for the system thermal protection to function properly. This package is provided for supported notebook models running a supported operating system.

File name: sp71638.exe

PCI Simple communication controller:

This package provides the Intel Management Engine Interface (MEI) Driver for the supported notebook models and operating systems. The Intel Management Engine Interface enables communication between the host operating system and the Intel Management Engine firmware.

File name: sp71258.exe

HP Recommended
Hi..
I am Anson..thanks a lot yaa..both drivers are installed. But still 2 drivers showing unknown devices.In the driver details, 1st device showing

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9CA2&SUBSYS_80C1103C&REV_03\3&11583659&0&FB

and second device showing,

ACPI\HPQ6001\2&DABA3FF&1

please help me if u know the driver details

Thanks,
Anson jose
HP Recommended

You're very welcome, Anson.

You need these drivers for those devices...

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9CA2:

This package contains the Intel Chipset Installation Utility and Driver for supported notebook models and operating systems. This utility enables the operating system to show the correct name for the installed Intel hardware in the Microsoft Windows Device Manager.

File name: sp71260.exe

ACPI\HPQ6001:

This package provides the driver for the HP Wireless Button on supported models running a supported operating system. HP Wireless Button allows the physical (hardware) wireless radio button on the system to enable and disable the wireless connection on the system.

File name: sp76347.exe

HP Recommended
Hi Paul..,
Thank u for suggesting the driver sp76347.exe..now only one is pending driver which is showing... "SM bus controller"...I tried to install chipset.,but only this is pending.. Plz help me.

Thanks,
Anson jose
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Try the driver directly from Intel.

You want the second file down on the left side of the page (exe file).  Install and restart the PC.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/20775/Intel-Chipset-Device-Software-INF-Update-Utility-?pr...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.