12-14-2019 11:05 PM - edited 12-14-2019 11:54 PM
Reinstalled Windows 10 and device manager states that PCI and SM Bus Controller are unknown (yellow exclamation mark). No utility tool updates them including HP Assistant, Intel utility tool, Intel Chipset tool, or Windows Updates. Not sure where to locate these. I'd appreciate any help.
PCI device (\VEN_8086&DEV_34A4&SUBSYS_86C8103C&REV_30\3&11583659&0&FD)
SM Bus Controller (\VEN_8086&DEV_34A4&SUBSYS_86C8103C&REV_30\3&11583659&0&FC)
More information regarding my hardware.
Intel i5 1035G4 (10th Generation)
Model: 86C8 (U3E1)
Chipset Vendor: Intel
Chipset Model: ID8A12
Chipset Revision: 03
Southbridge Vendor: Intel
Southbridge Model: ID3482
Southbridge Revision: 30
12-17-2019 03:36 PM - edited 12-17-2019 03:38 PM
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.
Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:
Firstly, let's quickly run system hardware component test in order to isolate the issue:
Step 1: Hard Reset: Follow steps from the link: https://hp.care/2GnkMa8. (do not skip any troubleshooting steps even if you feel steps are repeating)
Next step BIOS default:
- Turn off the computer and wait five seconds.
- Press the Power button to start the computer and repeatedly press the F10 key to enter the BIOS setup menu.
- On the BIOS Setup screen, press F9 to select and load the BIOS Setup Default settings.
- Press F10 to Save and Exit.
- Use the arrow keys to select Yes, then press Enter when asked Exit Saving Changes?
- Follow the prompts to restart your computer. If the issue persists, follow the next steps.
Next step run the System Tests which will check the hardware sub-systems to ensure they are functioning properly.
Open the System Tests menu when Windows won't start.
- Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.
- Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. When the menu appears, press the F2 key.
- On the main menu, click System Tests.
- The System Tests menu displays. ( select port and network test )
The steps in this section describe how to run the tests to check for hardware failures and view the test logs.
- Click and Run the Extensive Test: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03467259
Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
I am an HP Employee