Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
16-e0075ax
Microsoft Windows 11

I have issues with Notebook keyboard. All keys work - No issues with keyboard functionality. But, I do have different kind of issue with keyboard.

Issue I have with keyboard is:

• Home, End, Page Up, Page Down keys are present with Number pad. There are no dedicated keys for them. Key 9 is for PgUp, Key 3 is PgDn. Simiarly for Home and End. These keys works and the corresponding functionalities work when Number Lock is disabled. In Browser and IDEs, Page Down and Page Up functionalities work without any issues, when pressing 3 and 9 respectively when number lock is disabled.
  • But on Certain games like NFS Rivals, We need to press Page Up to start an event or to enter into garage. When pressing the PgUp Key, the Game don't recognize. On connecting external keyboard and pressing the dedicated key, it did work in the game. But, the Keys in the Number pad didn't work. So, technically speaking it is completely impossbile to play any game which requires dedicated Page Up, Page Down, Home, End key. 

Can anyone from the community help us to fix if there is any such options. I have tried following

• Inbuilt Keyboard: Number Lock Disabled : Pressed 9 (Page Up) = Game didn't recognize the Page Up
  • Inbuilt Keyboard: Number Lock Disabled : Fn key + Pressed 9 (Page Up) = Game didn't recognize the Page Up
  • Inbuilt Keyboard: Number Lock Enabled : Pressed 9 (Page Up) = Game didn't recognize the Page Up
  • Inbuilt Keyboard: Number Lock Enabled : Fn key + Pressed 9 (Page Up) = Game didn't recognize the Page Up
  • External : Dedicated Page Up key = Recognized

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@manikandanram 

You have hit upon the solution I always recommend to get around these multi-function-keys issues -- get an external keyboard that does NOT have these keys and use it.

Here in the US, you can get a decent one for $10 USD (or less) -- or if you want a really good GAMING keyboard, you can spend $200 USD or more for a top-of-the-line Corsair Gaming Keyboard.

I don't believe there is a software-based solution to this as folks have tried and failed.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@manikandanram 

You have hit upon the solution I always recommend to get around these multi-function-keys issues -- get an external keyboard that does NOT have these keys and use it.

Here in the US, you can get a decent one for $10 USD (or less) -- or if you want a really good GAMING keyboard, you can spend $200 USD or more for a top-of-the-line Corsair Gaming Keyboard.

I don't believe there is a software-based solution to this as folks have tried and failed.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

@WAWood wrote:

@manikandanram 

Thank you @WAWood for the confirmation.

I hope HP notices and provides a key mapping feature in future. 

Victus Keyboard has dedicated keys for Omen Gaming Hub and Calculator, which I have no idea why. In case if there is anyone from HP, please give the functional keys instead of number pad or replace the gaming hub + calc dedicated keys. 

HP Recommended

Update:

I have installed NFS Rivals via Steam. I used xbox controller and then, started the game.

This solved the problem as Games requires LT button to be pressed on controller instead of PageUp.

So, the solutions known so far are:

1. Connect External Keyboard 

2. Connect XBOX Controller and Try playing the game.

Note: When I saw XBOX Controller, I don't have a real XBOX Controller. I used a Rs.1100 (INR) Joystick. So, that should work for anyone as well.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.