Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
250 G7
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

See also

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/quot-Legacy-Support-quot-won-t-disable-in-BIO...

In UEFI setup, platform key is on not enrolled status.

Security boot is on disabled (and grayed out so I cannot reset on enabled) and I understand that is a consequence of platform key not enrolled (reading some material on web). Legacy boot is on disabled (and it's editable that's not grayed out).

Load  HP factory default keys is a fix for this issue, right?

do I clear All secure boot keys before loading default keys?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I got by myself.

Report what I did so it will be helpful for all who get same issue.

I did "Load HP factory default keys"  and Platform key status has become enrolled and (at the same time) secure boot has become settable.

So, I could put secure boot on enabled. After this action "Clear all secure boot keys" has become unsettable (obviously).

Of course you have  to reboot PC after giving each command.

If you need, before Load HP factory default keys you could get clear all secure boot keys (this will reset secure boot DB entries): insomuch secure boot was already disabled (clearing all secure boot keys puts secure boot on disabled always).

In practice: Load HP factory default keys fixes  platform key not enrolled and consequently makes it become secure boot settable.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I got by myself.

Report what I did so it will be helpful for all who get same issue.

I did "Load HP factory default keys"  and Platform key status has become enrolled and (at the same time) secure boot has become settable.

So, I could put secure boot on enabled. After this action "Clear all secure boot keys" has become unsettable (obviously).

Of course you have  to reboot PC after giving each command.

If you need, before Load HP factory default keys you could get clear all secure boot keys (this will reset secure boot DB entries): insomuch secure boot was already disabled (clearing all secure boot keys puts secure boot on disabled always).

In practice: Load HP factory default keys fixes  platform key not enrolled and consequently makes it become secure boot settable.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.