Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Probook 4540s
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

my main issue is that my newly bought wired keyboard is not working properly. It includes typing 2 or 3 times when  I click it. Typing with this inconsistency is horrible and gaming is impossible. Another malfunctioning I have noticed is the wired keyboard never TOGGLES.  It only spams buttons if I hold buttons. It is an especially huge problem in games. I have been researching all internet from the FN button to driver problems. nothing helps.  expect I truly can not access FN settiings due to my main laptop keyboard is totally not working which I don't necessarily need if my wired keyboard works.  But due to that I also can't access BIOS to disable FN.  I have done a lot of research and it seems like my laptop forces keys to press 4-8x times.

Any help or ideas would be appreciated.

My laptop is Probook4540s

Bios updated recently

the main keyboard doesn't work except for numerals and a few arrow buttons

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@orxannazirov 

Can you use other USB port(s) ?

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hello  Banhien! Thank you for your response.

Changingg USB ports was the first thing I did.  I have tried all 4 USB ports exact  same problem  happenss(keyboardd spams ddoesnntt ttoogggle).   I  also triedd thihs kkeyboardd on aanootthheere llaptop. aanddd  it workkeeded fininne.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.