Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy x360
Microsoft Windows 11

Can I turn off the power to the USB-C port on my HP Envy x360 when the Laptop is turned off?  My external drive drains the laptop battery.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@PwR49

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry, as I'll be glad to help. To get the answer to this question, yes you can disable USB power delivery, follow the below steps in order to turn off USB power delivery. 

Method 1:

• Right click Start select Settings > System > Power & sleep > Additional power settings
  • Choose what the power buttons do > Change settings that are currently unavailable
  • Uncheck Turn on fast startup (recommended)
  • Save changes

Method 2:

Go to Control Panel > Power Options > Choose What Power Buttons Do > Activate Settings Currently Unavailable > scroll down to shut down Settings > disable Activate Fast Start.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Sorry to say this did not help.  When I turned off the laptop and unplugged it, the 2 USB ports and the thunderbolt port still provided power to external devices from the battery.  The battery was down to 66% after 12 hrs of being turned off.  If I unplug the external hard drive, the battery stays at 100% after being unplugged overnight.

Thanks.

Does anyone have another idea to try?

HP Recommended

@PwR49

Thank you for posting back. 

Let's try this:

1. Turn on the computers, and then immediately click F10 to enter the BIOS.

2. Under the Security tab, use the up and down arrows to select USB Security, and then press Enter.

3. A list of USB ports and their locations displays.

4. Use the up and down arrows to select a port, then use the left and right arrows to select either Enabled or Disabled as desired.

5. When you are finished, press F10 to save your changes and exit BIOS.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.