Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp envy7645

Im getting pretty frustrated with my repeated attempts to print from my new chrome book to my wireless hp envy 7645 printer. Is there anybody out there that has a solution for me? Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Please view this document that contains instructions for using HP Print on a Chromebook.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04683559

Download the "HP Print" app from the Chrome Web Store, then run it.  Add your printer by typing in the IP address assigned to it on your network.  (You can find this in the Network Configuration section on the printer's control panel).

Now try to print something, either by pressing Crtl-P, or using the "Print" menu option in Chrome.  A window will open showing the "Destination" of the file.  The first time it usually shows "Save as PDF" as the default.  Click the "Change Destination" button and select your printer.

This app works very well for me!

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
Former Expert in the PalmOS, WebOS, and Android sections of this Community Forum.
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Please view this document that contains instructions for using HP Print on a Chromebook.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04683559

Download the "HP Print" app from the Chrome Web Store, then run it.  Add your printer by typing in the IP address assigned to it on your network.  (You can find this in the Network Configuration section on the printer's control panel).

Now try to print something, either by pressing Crtl-P, or using the "Print" menu option in Chrome.  A window will open showing the "Destination" of the file.  The first time it usually shows "Save as PDF" as the default.  Click the "Change Destination" button and select your printer.

This app works very well for me!

WyreNut

Former Expert in the PalmOS, WebOS, and Android sections of this Community Forum.
HP Recommended

WyrNut thank you, the solution you provided to me was so easy and it works perfectly. Randy

HP Recommended

Glad I could help!  🙂

WyreNut

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.