Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 17-ab404na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I play games on my laptop. To be able to play games that require me to press keys and move my cursor (without connecting an external mouse) I need to play on a seriously old driver (that removes features like two/three-finger taps/clicks) or not play at all. I've looked online for solutions and I am convinced I need registry edits to solve this problem. I haven't found a valid solution where I get to keep the modern drivers.

I have already tried ClickPad Settings > SmartSense and turning the slider towards Off, but that doesn't actually turn it off unless I am on the outdated drivers (which I do not want to be on). I am aware that people have been able to change certain behaviours of the driver through registry hacks that the driver UI doesn't allow them to do. However, I haven't found any that solve this problem.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@muizzs

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue.

Let's try disabling the touchpad and check: To turn the touchpad off, click "Start" and then "Control Panel." Double-click the "Mouse" settings. Click the "Device Settings" tab, and click "Disable" to disable the touchpad. You can select "Enable" to use it again.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

That doesn't solve my problem.

HP Recommended

@muizzs

Thank you for posting back. 

I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

Let's perform Windows Update and HP Support Assistant:

To check for updates now, select the Start button, and then go to Settings  > Update & security  > Windows Update, and select Check for updates.

Install updates from HP Support Assistant: Go to Download HP Support Assistant to install the tool.

1. To open HP Support Assistant, double-click the HP Support Assistant icon https://support.hp.com/doc-images/932/c05040382.jpg.
  2. Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.
  3. Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.
  4. Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.
  5. Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.
  6. Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

This doesn't solve my issue either. All this does is install the current ClickPad drivers I already have installed which I'm having these problems with in the first place.

HP Recommended

@muizzs

Thank you for posting back. 

I understand you are in need of support, As you've performed relevant troubleshooting steps and the issue persists, I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to Remote into your computer and sort this out
HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:

• Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/
  • Select the product type.
  • Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.
  • Select the country from the drop-down.
  • You should see the HP support number or Chat option listed

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Sorry for the very late response.

I need to tell you this, remoting into my computer won't fix this driver problem. I have already experimented with different versions of the ClickPad driver. Older versions of the driver fix this problem but gets rid of newer features (two/three-finger clicks being one of them) that I actually use. Of course, the newer drivers cause the problem I am experiencing now. There needs to be a driver that allows me to move my mouse WHILE pressing keys and provides me the features available in the newer drivers.

Do you know where I can download all sorts of versions of this driver?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.