Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming - 15-dk0001ne

Hello,

I have upgraded my HP Pavilion Gaming - 15-dk0001ne to Windows 11 and I have problem with installing one driver. I checked Event Viewer in Windows and found out that one is missing:

Level; Source; Event ID; Task Category;
Warning; Kernel-PnP; 219; (212);

The driver \Driver\WUDFRd failed to load for the device PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1903&SUBSYS_85FC103C&REV_07\3&11583659&0&20.

Turns out it's this one:
Intel Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework Client Driver

While installing it I encounter compatibility error and installer doesn't progress further.

Is there any chance that HP updates drivers for older laptops to work with Windows 11?

Kind regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

If there are no devices with ! marks showing up in the device manager, I wouldn't be concerned.

If you look at the driver file for the chipset driver I posted, you can see in the script that the device needs no driver, and the driver file was written to simply to have the device install in the device manager.

[INTEL.NTamd64]
%PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1903Desc%=Needs_NO_DRV,PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1903

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

That is an Intel driver.

You might be able to find it at the Intel website for your installed chipset.

" Is there any chance that HP updates drivers for older laptops to work with Windows 11?"

Sometimes, but not always. 

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Thanks for reply. I tried looking for it on intel website but all I get in search results is this and similar:

Intel ® Dynamic Tuning Technology (Intel® DTT) driver for Windows® 10 for Intel® NUC P14E Laptop Ele...

Lots of drivers for NUC but nothing else, or I'm blind and overlooking something 😕

Cheers

HP Recommended

Hi, @D0nnie 

I'm thinking you need this driver...

Intel Dynamic Tuning Driver

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp111001-111500/sp111270.exe 

Here's a partial copy and paste of the driver setup information file which shows driver support for the hardware ID you posted:

[Manufacturer]
%INTEL% = INTEL,NTamd64.10.0...17134,NTamd64.10.0

[INTEL.NTamd64.10.0...17134]
%PROCSNB.DeviceDesc% = EsifManager10.0,PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0103
%PROCIVB.DeviceDesc% = EsifManager10.0,PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0153
%PROCHSW.DeviceDesc% = EsifManager10.0,PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0C03
%PROCHSW.DeviceDesc% = EsifManager10.0,PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0A03
%PROCHSW.DeviceDesc% = EsifManager10.0,PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0D03
%PROCBDW.DeviceDesc% = EsifManager10.0,PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1603
%PROCSKL.DeviceDesc% = EsifManager10.0,PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1903
%PROCCHT.DeviceDesc% = EsifManager10.0,PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_22DC
%PROCBX0.DeviceDesc% = EsifManager10.0,PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0A8C
%PROCBX1.DeviceDesc% = EsifManager10.0,PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1A8C
%PROCBXX.DeviceDesc% = EsifManager10.0,PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_4A8C
%PROCBXP.DeviceDesc% = EsifManager10.0,PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_5A8C
%PROCCNL.DeviceDesc% = EsifManager10.0,PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_5A03
%PROCGLK.DeviceDesc% = EsifManager10.0,PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_318C
%PROCICL.DeviceDesc% = EsifManager10.0,PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_8A03
%PROCLKF.DeviceDesc% = EsifManager10.0,PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9820
%PROCTGL.DeviceDesc% = EsifManager10.0,PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9A03

HP Recommended

Hi @Paul,

Thanks for your reply, I already installed this one though 😕

I basically installed every single one from here https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-pavilion-gaming-15-dk0000-laptop-pc/26122224/mod...

related to chipset etc, but the one from OP doesn't go through because of compatibility issue 😕

Cheers

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

If the device is showing an error in the device manager, have you tried to manually install the driver?

You can see if force installing it will work.

To do that, go to the device manager, click on the PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1903 device needing the driver.

Click on the driver tab, click on Update driver.

Select the 'Browse my computer for drivers' option and then at the bottom of that window, select the 'Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer.'

Click on Have Disk and browse to to: C:\SWSetup\sp111270\drivers\x64\dtpf_cpu (setup information file), click Next and see if the driver will install that way..

The only other driver that would install that device is the Intel chipset installation utility.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp111001-111500/sp111269.exe 

The driver for that ID is actually in the SkylakeSystemThermal setup information file within the chipset driver.

[INTEL.NTamd64]

HP Recommended

Hi @Paul ,

I noticed there's unpacked SW folder C:\SWSetup\sp98176 with the driver from OP after reading your post. What's more, there's even Intel's installer, I ran it, it installed, but after reboot I get the same log entry from OP. I even updated it through Windows, installed through manual selection C:\SWSetup\sp98176\drv\drivers\x64, uninstalled Window's update to this driver, but still getting the same log entry. No idea what's wrong at this point.

Thank you for the help, cheers

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

If there are no devices with ! marks showing up in the device manager, I wouldn't be concerned.

If you look at the driver file for the chipset driver I posted, you can see in the script that the device needs no driver, and the driver file was written to simply to have the device install in the device manager.

[INTEL.NTamd64]

HP Recommended

Yes, there are no exclamation marks whatsoever, just got puzzled there's this warning message in event viewer so wanted to make sure it's okay. Thank you again and have a great day 🙂

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

You have a great day too!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.