Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 - 15-df0013dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

At (?) random times, the product support page for my laptop keeps popping up in my browser. It seems to always appear two times, at the same time. So far, I can't figure out what is triggering it, but it is very annoying. Any ideas?

The page popping up is:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Spectre-15-df0000-x360-Convertible-PC/23238160/model/2451490...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Rick-Marsan Welcome to HP Forums Community!

Is it that a new tab opens up randomly, every time you open the browser, 

Or does the browser open up with the support page while you are working on other things?

While you respond to that, I suggest you uninstall the HP Support assistant using the below steps and if the issue doesn't occur, simply reinstall it from this link to resolve the issue,

1. In Windows, search for an open Uninstall a program.

2. On the Programs and Features window, select HP Support Assistant, then click Uninstall.

Figure: Uninstall HP Support Assistant

Uninstall screen from the Control Panel with HP Support Assistant highlighted
  3. Click Yes on the Programs and Features screen to confirm you want to uninstall HP Support Assistant.

Figure : Uninstall confirmation

Confirmation screen to uninstall HP Support Assistant with Yes selected
  4. Restart your computer to complete the process.

If it still appears to be an issue, please run an anti-malware scan on the device and share the results with us.

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@Rick-Marsan Welcome to HP Forums Community!

Is it that a new tab opens up randomly, every time you open the browser, 

Or does the browser open up with the support page while you are working on other things?

While you respond to that, I suggest you uninstall the HP Support assistant using the below steps and if the issue doesn't occur, simply reinstall it from this link to resolve the issue,

1. In Windows, search for an open Uninstall a program.

2. On the Programs and Features window, select HP Support Assistant, then click Uninstall.

Figure: Uninstall HP Support Assistant

Uninstall screen from the Control Panel with HP Support Assistant highlighted
  3. Click Yes on the Programs and Features screen to confirm you want to uninstall HP Support Assistant.

Figure : Uninstall confirmation

Confirmation screen to uninstall HP Support Assistant with Yes selected
  4. Restart your computer to complete the process.

If it still appears to be an issue, please run an anti-malware scan on the device and share the results with us.

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

This happens with my browser already open. 2 new tabs just suddenly appear. I've uninstalled HP Support Assistant and will let you know if that fixes it OR I find a virus.

HP Recommended

@Rick-Marsan 

Thank you for responding!

Please take your time and get back to us with the results,

We will be eagerly awaiting your response and would be glad to help.

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,
It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a great day, ahead.
Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Uninstalling resolved issue. Scan found zero (0) viruses. Re-installing, now...

HP Recommended

@Rick-Marsan That's awesome, I'm glad it worked, keep me posted as you see more developments.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@  Thank you for all the help! With the re-install of the HP Support Assistant, the problem has disappeared.

HP Recommended

@Rick-Marsan Thank you for the update,

I appreciate your time and efforts, 

I'm glad I could contribute to identifying and leading you towards the solution.

You can always click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos,

Take care and have an awesome week ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.