Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion x360 15-er0009nw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi HP, i would like to know when was my HP laptop manufactured in, reply to me as soon as possible, Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

Look at the serial number.

The 4th, 5th and 6th characters will be numbers.

The 4th = the year of mfr 0 - 9...zero could be 2000, 2010, or 2020.

You have to have some kind of idea when you bought the PC.

The 5th and 6th characters are the week of mfr 01 - 52.

For example, if the 4th, 5th and 6th characters are 523, the PC was made in 2015 during the 23rd week of the year.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

Look at the serial number.

The 4th, 5th and 6th characters will be numbers.

The 4th = the year of mfr 0 - 9...zero could be 2000, 2010, or 2020.

You have to have some kind of idea when you bought the PC.

The 5th and 6th characters are the week of mfr 01 - 52.

For example, if the 4th, 5th and 6th characters are 523, the PC was made in 2015 during the 23rd week of the year.

HP Recommended

Alright, i checked and i believe it was made in 2021 during the 23rd week of the year (or Q2'21), because the 4th digit was "1" so yeah. And also, if the 4th digit is "1" then that could mean that it was made from 2001, 2011 or 2021.

HP Recommended

That is correct.

Your notebook was made in 2021 during the week of June 7 - June 13, 2021.

The notebook could not have been made in 2001 or 2011, because the hardware specifications for it didn't even exist back then.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.