Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion DV6
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Since upgrading my HP laptop from Windows 7 to a clean install of Windows 10 which had Cyberlink Media Suite preloaded by HP on purchase some 12 years ago, I have lost my Cyberlink Media Suite software. Can anything be done to re-establish my software. HP's identification system identifies my machine as now having a windows 10 OS and as such will not allow me to download its original Cyberlink software. Can't see why they won't oblige as I can run it in compatibility mode?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@RadioReg 

Sorry -- no -- those apps are special limited versions that HP provides preloaded on their PCs and are not available separately either from HP or from the respective software vendors.  In addition, versions preloaded with Win7 will generally not work with Win10.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.