Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion g6 - 1c55nr
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Greetings,

My Pavilion g6-1c55nr, Win7 64, this unit never goes on the net.

Had an issue with the Realtek card reader Inop. Paul T. provided a link for the driver and all was well, that was a couple months ago.

The card reader doesn't see much use but I noticed today it was not recognizing the card so I reinstalled the driver and it said the installation was not complete. Device manager tells me 'PCI device no driver found' and I get a fault code ' device couldn't start (code 10)' when I install card. Everything looks good in Device Mgr until I install the card.

Any help would be very much appreciated!

Regards,

PD

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi :

That is correct  

When the Realtek SD card reader needs a driver, Windows labels it as a PCI device. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

The only suggestion I can offer since the driver from Realtek quit working would be to try an HP Realtek card reader driver from a slightly newer g6 notebook that has not yet been retired.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp56001-56500/sp56467.exe 

If that doesn't work either, it is possible the card reader hardware is defective.

HP Recommended

Hi Paul,

The way I understand it is the PCI driver is in the Realtek driver?

Regards, PD

HP Recommended

Hi :

That is correct  

When the Realtek SD card reader needs a driver, Windows labels it as a PCI device. 

HP Recommended

Thanks once again Paul.

Regards, pd

HP Recommended

You're very welcome. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.