Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion dv7
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After upgrading WIndows the Realtek PCIE CardReader no longer functions.

"The driver for this device has been blocked from starting because it is known to have problems with Windows. Contact the hardware vendor for a new driver. (Code 48)

Click 'Check for solutions' to send data about this device to Microsoft and to see if there is a solution available."

What problems? I have never had any.

Under Driver File details: File Version is 6.1.7601.28104 

THere is a further comment "Windows did not start this device becausit it can cause your computer to become unstable" . I have never had issues and this seems a bit like big brother if ther is no option to bypass this.

How do I resolve the problem?

16 REPLIES 16
HP Recommended

@ichbinwasichbin

Please use the following driver

http://www.realtek.com.tw/Downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&Level=4&PFid=25&PNid=15

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

No good the driver refuses to install. AN Error (-5001 : 0x80070002) has occured while running the setup.

There were no other applications running.

Very disappointing that the Windows options to find a new driver cannot install an update automatically.

HP Recommended

Hi, @ichbinwasichbin

See if this one works...

The Realtek USB and PCIe Media Card Reader Drivers enable the integrated media card slot in supported notebook models running a supported operating system.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp84501-85000/sp84713.exe

HP Recommended

this driver installed ok, as far as I can make out but the SD Card and drive are still not seen. Inspecting the Device Manager and still shows the 'corrupt' driver. Disabled driver and tried again. still no joy.

Tried an external card reader which sees the drive but still refuses to read the SD card. The Compact Flash slot works.

Putting a card into the SD slot it recognises that ther eis something there but then issues the message "please Insert a disk into Removeable Disk (K:)" despite there being a card in the slot.

HP Recommended

These links go to "404 Not Found Error"

HP Recommended

Doesn't work.

HP Recommended

Worked for me. Thanks!!! 

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

This really helped me out. Cheers mate!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.