Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Notebook 15 IMEI # 5CD6312HM2

I am trying to follow what I was told to do in my question about recovery HP I created a windows repair DVD and after it finished I put it in laptop it took me to recovery Manager and I selected fix startup I can't remember the rest of it anyway it said not able to complete and then I  selected restore using command prompt when I was there I didn't know what to type in to start recovery it didn't tell me what to do can you tell me the keys to type to start this?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi,

You keep posting different questions for the same problem instead of following through with the one you started at beginning.

Did you perform HP hardware Diagnostics at boot?

Did the Hard Drive pass the test?

Turn off the PC by holding the power button

Turn on the PC and repeatedly keep hitting the ESC key until startup menu appears

Press F2 to enter diagnostics

Perform the system test or at least the Hard Drive test

Let us know,

David

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.