Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Hp-15P206tx
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Dear Sir,

I have bought my Hp-15P206tx laptop with original 8.1 window  OS. But after some time i had use some software which were compatible with window 7 only, so i uninstall window 8.1 and install window 7 with recovery of window 8.1 in DVD.

Now i want to install window 8.1 again in my laptop but i am unable to recover window 8.1 from my DVD.

Please suggest how will i install my original window 8.1 in my laptop.

Regards,

Rahul Gusain

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

rgusain

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

I read your post about wanting to restore your PC to its original Win8.1 and wanted to help.

You mention having a DVD but the HP Recovery Kit consists of at least three DVDs, not one.  So, what it the DVD and where did you get it?

Asking because on the HP Recovery Kit will restore your PC to its original condition.  IF you have a Microsoft Win8x DVD, that might install, but it will not activate because it will require a Retail product key, and your PC came with an HP OEM product key.

We can proceed once you provide the information.

Thanks

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

rgusain

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

I read your post about wanting to restore your PC to its original Win8.1 and wanted to help.

You mention having a DVD but the HP Recovery Kit consists of at least three DVDs, not one.  So, what it the DVD and where did you get it?

Asking because on the HP Recovery Kit will restore your PC to its original condition.  IF you have a Microsoft Win8x DVD, that might install, but it will not activate because it will require a Retail product key, and your PC came with an HP OEM product key.

We can proceed once you provide the information.

Thanks

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Hi,

I have successfully restored my window 8.1 with the help of HP technical support.

Thanks for your reply.......

Regards,

Rahul Gusain

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.