Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HPx360-11-ab011dx
Linux

I have an HPx360-11-ab011dx that I uninstalled the pre-loaded Windows 10 because the hard drive was too small to do a Windows 10 update. I did a clean install of a Linux operating system. I want to switch back to Windows 10, but I don't have the software code.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

The W10 product key is in the BIOS.

You don't need the key in order to install W10.

You can also use the HP cloud recovery tool to create a bootable USB recovery drive that will reinstall W10, the drivers and the software that originally came with your notebook.

Here is an info link for how to use that utility...

HP Consumer PCs - Using the HP Cloud Recovery Tool (Windows 10, 7) | HP® Customer Support

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi:

The W10 product key is in the BIOS.

You don't need the key in order to install W10.

You can also use the HP cloud recovery tool to create a bootable USB recovery drive that will reinstall W10, the drivers and the software that originally came with your notebook.

Here is an info link for how to use that utility...

HP Consumer PCs - Using the HP Cloud Recovery Tool (Windows 10, 7) | HP® Customer Support

HP Recommended

@rbt55 

Please use the following link to create an installation media for Windows 10

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

then install Windows 10 to your machine. Windows 10 will use the product key/code in BIOS of your machine to activate.

The second option is to use the following way

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06162205

Regards.     

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thank you

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.