cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
rbt55
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Solved!

Reinstall Windows 10

HP Recommended
HPx360-11-ab011dx
Linux

I have an HPx360-11-ab011dx that I uninstalled the pre-loaded Windows 10 because the hard drive was too small to do a Windows 10 update. I did a clean install of a Linux operating system. I want to switch back to Windows 10, but I don't have the software code.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
136,336 90,998 20,969 28,050
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

The W10 product key is in the BIOS.

You don't need the key in order to install W10.

You can also use the HP cloud recovery tool to create a bootable USB recovery drive that will reinstall W10, the drivers and the software that originally came with your notebook.

Here is an info link for how to use that utility...

HP Consumer PCs - Using the HP Cloud Recovery Tool (Windows 10, 7) | HP® Customer Support

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
4 REPLIES 4
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

The W10 product key is in the BIOS.

You don't need the key in order to install W10.

You can also use the HP cloud recovery tool to create a bootable USB recovery drive that will reinstall W10, the drivers and the software that originally came with your notebook.

Here is an info link for how to use that utility...

HP Consumer PCs - Using the HP Cloud Recovery Tool (Windows 10, 7) | HP® Customer Support

View solution in original post

banhien
Level 19
Level 19
95,681 64,395 12,399 21,349
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@rbt55 

Please use the following link to create an installation media for Windows 10

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

then install Windows 10 to your machine. Windows 10 will use the product key/code in BIOS of your machine to activate.

The second option is to use the following way

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06162205

Regards.     

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

>
rbt55
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you

Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation