Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
ZBook 15U G2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Are there any issues with removing the HP 3D Driveguard application software? Updates are required for the driver each time we update the Operating System. From what I understand this software parks the heads on the hard drive if a sudden drop is detected, which is not needed in our particular environment.

Thanks in advance for any advice on this issue.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @LapLady,

Apologizes for the delayed response.

My guess is that the driver is for the accelerometer. For a full uninstall, sure, but I don't think it would be the most necessary.

- Eddy

I used to be an HP Expert. I no longer participate in this community.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello @LapLady,

There shouldn't be an issue with removing the software, but it's in your best interest to keep it in case of any accidents. "Better safe than sorry."

Anyhow, if you insist, I believe you can simply uninstall HP 3D DriveGuard from Control Panel.

Hope this helps,

Eddy

HP Recommended

Thanks for the response. Do you think I need to uninstall the driver as well under Device Manager?

HP Recommended

Hello @LapLady,

Apologizes for the delayed response.

My guess is that the driver is for the accelerometer. For a full uninstall, sure, but I don't think it would be the most necessary.

- Eddy

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.