Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion G6-2226TU
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Recently I have Upgraded to Windows10 from Windows 7 and there are some preinstalled apps which I don't like especially the Onedrive I have another cloud account on another cloud service and I also have installed that but the Onedrive is default now,

I searched it in the control panel but it is not listed there !

I just want to remove that from my home screen and I want to uninstall  it ,

Is it possible to uninstall the Onedrive and make my other cloud storage application default ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Follow This to Uninstall Onedrive In Windows 10:

1: Open “Command Prompt Administrative”.

Right Click on Windows icon at right bottom corner and then click on Command Prompt (Admin).

2. Type in taskkill /f /im OneDrive.exe to terminate any OneDrive processes and hit Enter.

3. Then type in either %SystemRoot%\System32\OneDriveSetup.exe /uninstall if you’re using 32-bit Windows 10

or

%SystemRoot%\SysWOW64\OneDriveSetup.exe /uninstall if you’re using 64-bit Windows 10 and hit Enter.

You won’t see a confirmation dialog or progress bar when you do this, but if you try searching for OneDrive, the app will no longer be found. Your OneDrive folder and files, however, will still be available.

Cleaning and Removing OneDrive Remnants:

Run the commands below to clean up those remnants by deleting OneDrive related folders and their contents:

rd "%UserProfile%\OneDrive" /Q /S
rd "%LocalAppData%\Microsoft\OneDrive" /Q /S
rd "%ProgramData%\Microsoft OneDrive" /Q /S
rd "C:\OneDriveTemp" /Q /S

Delete and Remove OneDrive in File Explorer Folder Tree Registry Key:

OneDrive has registry keys which add itself to the Navigation Pane of File Explorer in Windows 10. After uninstalling OneDrive, these registry keys are orphaned, and can be removed.

REG Delete "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{018D5C66-4533-4307-9B53-224DE2ED1FE6}" /f
REG Delete "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Wow6432Node\CLSID\{018D5C66-4533-4307-9B53-224DE2ED1FE6}" /f

I hope, it helps. 

For more details, you may like to follow the source: https://techyuga.com/completely-uninstall-or-remove-onedrive-in-windows-10/

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

Onedrive is from Microsoft, you can't uninstall it using normal way. Please use the following instructions to turn it off:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/turn-off-onedrive-in-windows-10

or

http://www.howtogeek.com/225973/how-to-disable-onedrive-and-remove-it-from-file-explorer-on-windows-...

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Follow This to Uninstall Onedrive In Windows 10:

1: Open “Command Prompt Administrative”.

Right Click on Windows icon at right bottom corner and then click on Command Prompt (Admin).

2. Type in taskkill /f /im OneDrive.exe to terminate any OneDrive processes and hit Enter.

3. Then type in either %SystemRoot%\System32\OneDriveSetup.exe /uninstall if you’re using 32-bit Windows 10

or

%SystemRoot%\SysWOW64\OneDriveSetup.exe /uninstall if you’re using 64-bit Windows 10 and hit Enter.

You won’t see a confirmation dialog or progress bar when you do this, but if you try searching for OneDrive, the app will no longer be found. Your OneDrive folder and files, however, will still be available.

Cleaning and Removing OneDrive Remnants:

Run the commands below to clean up those remnants by deleting OneDrive related folders and their contents:

rd "%UserProfile%\OneDrive" /Q /S
rd "%LocalAppData%\Microsoft\OneDrive" /Q /S
rd "%ProgramData%\Microsoft OneDrive" /Q /S
rd "C:\OneDriveTemp" /Q /S

Delete and Remove OneDrive in File Explorer Folder Tree Registry Key:

OneDrive has registry keys which add itself to the Navigation Pane of File Explorer in Windows 10. After uninstalling OneDrive, these registry keys are orphaned, and can be removed.

REG Delete "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{018D5C66-4533-4307-9B53-224DE2ED1FE6}" /f
REG Delete "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Wow6432Node\CLSID\{018D5C66-4533-4307-9B53-224DE2ED1FE6}" /f

I hope, it helps. 

For more details, you may like to follow the source: https://techyuga.com/completely-uninstall-or-remove-onedrive-in-windows-10/

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.