Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

@Nickt92 you are a hero! It is gone now :)))

Thank you so much!!!

HP Recommended

This worked!  Oh my Lord I've been trying for a day straight to figure this out!  Thank you so much!

HP Recommended

This also happen to me

really annoying!

HP Recommended

thank you so much for the help man, it worked!

HP Recommended

Has anyone managed to resolve this? If so, how? The same happened to me, I just turned my laptop on this morning and it's happening. I also write for a living and it's absolutely crazy to me how something like this isn't able to be turned on or off. I've gone through every single settings you can think of, I've been clicking and whizzing through every thread and forum for any resolve and nothing is working. 

HP Recommended

I got this solution from another awesome user who found out the problem:

1. Go to Start

2. Type in HP System Event Utility

3. Right click and choose Uninstall.

4. Restart your computer.

HP Recommended

I'm having the exact same issue, I do not even have Hotkey Support or Hotkey service UWP, I've tried every solution listed on multiple websites but no luck, I'm so frustrated. I hope we can find a solution because this is so annoying.

HP Recommended

Omg this works thank you so much!

HP Recommended

IT WORKED! Thank you soooo much, I've spent hours trying to fix this, you are the best.

HP Recommended

Uninstalling the HP System Event Utility did not correct the problem on my laptop unfortunately.

I spoke to an HP tech assistance person and they said it was most likely part of an update from yesterday and is a "feature". This is NOT a desired feature on what is sold as a gaming laptop!  I use keybindings for gaming and Num Lock is one of them I frequently use. It is incredibly irritating to see that Num Lock on/off overlay pop up continuously.  There needs to be an option to turn this "feature" off.

UPDATE:  I have a temporary fix, but it is annoying and I think it needs to be done every restart (perhaps even more often, haven't tested that). Start at Settings>Apps>Installed Apps>scroll to HP Event Utility>click on the 4 dots on the right>Advanced Options>scroll down to Terminate and click that.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.