Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP SimpleSSave
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

I have a HP SimpleSave external drive. P/N HPBAAC3200ABK-00, Model number HPsd320a. I filed it years ago and went to a larger External Drive. All the info on this SimpleSave is on my newer drive. I want to remove everything on SimpleSave and start all over again. Can someone help or point me in the right direction? Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

It is ready to use after the file deletion.  You can format it to fit any more modern file type if you want.  Most modern files work best in the NTFS formatting, especially for large files but FAT 32 is common, too.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.

View solution in original post

27 REPLIES 27
HP Recommended

If you are absolutely sure that everything on the drive is duplicated or not wanted anymore, you can simply connect it to a computer with the USB cable and Open "Computer"  it should show up as an extra drive in the area under the Local Disk (C: ) and Recovery (D: )

Double click on the drive and then contents should appear in the next Window.  Highlight the first folder or file in the top of the window.  Scroll down to the last file in the window and while holding the shift key, click on that last file.  All should then burn blue.  Right click on one of the blue files and pick "delete" from the popup menu.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

Thanks for reply. After remove files is it ready to reuse? Or do I have to format it or something? Thanks

HP Recommended

It is ready to use after the file deletion.  You can format it to fit any more modern file type if you want.  Most modern files work best in the NTFS formatting, especially for large files but FAT 32 is common, too.

I'm not an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Thanks

HP Recommended

Ha, I still need help. I messed up. I did what you said and a little more. I deleted all the pictures and videos and then tryed to reformat. I lost the driver for the SimpleSave and can't find it on my c: drive either. Can you help me find the software? I looked on internet with no luck. Thanks

HP Recommended

Considering that the drive is connected by USB, it should not need any additional driver.  HERE IS THE MANUAL, if you need to refresh some information on how to use it.

I'm not an HP employee.
HP Recommended

According to the manual it says to go to www.hpsupport.wdc.com to download new software. I've tryed on my home computer and work computer and it can't find that webpage. Dose hp still mantain that page ? Thanks 

HP Recommended

In looking for the software, since the link goes nowhere now, If found this thread

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-SimpleSave-2TB-md2000h-Softwa...

It states in there that the product is no longer support and the software removed.

I'm not an HP employee.
HP Recommended

I'm back. I lost this thread and just now found it again.

I am still having problems with my HP Simplesave external drive Model HP sd320a. Since I deleted everything on this drive my computer won't even reconize it. I can plug USB to drive and to computer and nothing shows up under start computer  devices and removable storge, the little blue light on external drive lights up. Is there something that can be done to get computer tp reconize drive.

I'm thinking if it will reconize the external drive, I can just drag and drop picture files.

Thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.