Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Thanks

HP Recommended

Since I copied the folder from my computer and pasted onto my external drive, if I change some wording in the original folder on my computer, when I click on folder to copy to paste onto external drive, will it copy the whole folder to the external drive or just the changes? Thanks

HP Recommended

If the  information on the hosting computer is changed but only a few items are changed and then that folder is copied and pasted again to the external drive again, is that the question?  I actually have not tried that particular process.  I do know that if pictures are copied over in that manner, it will ask whether the user wants to copy or replace.  I do not actually know about files or documents.  Will it make any difference?  Give it a try on a few examples of what you are asking and then report back on what actually happens.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

Yhanks let you know later

HP Recommended

Yes it will copy and replace file on the external drive!!! Thanks

HP Recommended

Great, so it is still a useful drive!!

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended
Yes thanks for help
HP Recommended

Hello everyone,

I Just wanted to add, If drag and drop works then all is well.

If you want the SimpleSave UI working again, you will have to re-download it and place it into the SimpleSave drive to replace the corrupted exe files. Also remove any instance of the SimpleSave install on the PC you used before.

HP does not have that download anymore, but there was a guy on here who posted a link to his Google Drive folder that has a copy (assuming you have the older style external drive (md1000h) with a 3.5 inch drive.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B85kzRiDSR_rYmtpTHpyZ1Jsa28/view

Save the files to your external drive and run the exe.

NOTE: running the SimpleSave exe to automatically backup files will encrypt those files. If the CD emulator hardware built into the external drive case ever fails, you will not be able to access those files.

NOTE 2: SimpleSave software has been reported by others not to work on Windows 8.1 or 10.

Personally, I would not mess with using the SimpleSave software since I do not like the proprietary encryption method.

Microsoft Synctoy in my opinion is more reliable and does not create proprietary files.

Those drives are long in the tooth now also. Many users had previously reported failures with those drives, so I wouldnt rely on it with important backups.  Just my 2 cents.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.