Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

My wife has a HP notepad model number L2W43EA#ABU  There is another number which is  15-g255sa.When the new router is set up where do we go to on that laptop to enter the routers details ie password.There must be somewhere to set up a new connection.Thank's

HP Recommended

OK.

In Windows 8.1 and 10   from desktop go to lower left of application bar and click on the network symbol. It will list a list of available networks in your area. Choose your network (it will most likely be the one with the strongest signal) by clicking on it. Checkmark connect automatically and click on connect. Next it will ask for password which will come with the new router and will then connect. 

On the ipad go to settings > Wifi > turn on wifi > tap on the name of wifi network > you will be prompted for password

In both cases connecting to the network will only be possible once the new router is up and running. I would first try with your own computer as some new routers the first time will take you into the routers settings to perform a simple setup (change passwords).

It is a good idea for security reasons to eventually change the password in the router settings (for access to router and the wifi acess password (WPA2)). 

Let me know if you need further help,

David

HP Recommended

Hi David thank's very much for that information will let you know how we get on hen we get the new router

HP Recommended

Hi David  Have just been sorting through all our computer paperwork and there is a lot I can tell you and seem unable to find the software disc for this laptop have you any ideas of how to get a replacement.

HP Recommended

I have found the list of networks the icon was next to the clock so when the new router is installed we just click on that icon and find the network.Will it ask for the password or just go straight in.Thank's again

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.